Monday, February 20, 2012

Another Step Along the Way

"Rest in God and let Him do the rest" -bill johnson.

I get so easily anxious. wanting friends: now, community: now, security and "home:" now.
I forget these take time.
Patience. Trust.

I have seen God's faithfulness throughout my life. I know He provides. I know His timing, His gifts, they are good. Will I daily trust Him in this season?

Just last week I realized I hadn't asked God for specific needs/desires concerning my life here in Chico.. and remembering how faithful God has been to the specific prayers I've prayed in each move I've made in the past few years- I boldly asked for the longings of my heart. I prayed for friends- specific qualities of a variety of friendships, mentors, diverse communities... and even within this short week, I have seen God's hand at work in those prayers.

Faithfulness.

And suddenly there's too much! Too many activities, too many people, and it all becomes overwhelming. Slow down, be, rest, enjoy. This process is supposed to be fun.
Process.
Yes, the process takes time. Deep, fulfilling friendships takes time. I grow anxious again, my heart yearning for the friends who know me, for the lifestyle that's comfortable, a place of belonging.

To belong.
That's what I long for.
And God whispers in my heart over and over "trust my goodness, wait in me. will you trust how much I love you?"

Rest.
Rest. He's got it. He's got a good plan. A joyous adventure ahead.
The days of excitement and anticipation, the moments of heartache, and the longing to be known... they're real. That's my life right now.

Yet, in the pain, I will not live defeated. Yes, I hurt and my heart still misses the comfort of the past, but I trust. I choose to trust. I choose to not worry about how it will work out. I choose to rest in the love of my Jesus. His comfort and kindness in this season have pulled me closer to Himself in a way I have never known before.
This is truly a growing season.
A season of finding my God in a new way. Learning to lean in, to be fully satisfied and sustained in His love. To rejoice and live abundant in the hope I have in this place.
Rejoicing that my time in Chico is purposeful, is important. I have been equipped to meet this season head on, I am well prepared, I have not been abandoned. I am rooted and established.
I am being grown here. and I am grateful. I am blessed.
So very blessed.

I choose courage, I choose peace. I choose to remember who I am- cherished daughter of the King, and rest in the shelter of His love.
Rest in His goodness.
Rest in His strength.
Rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment